Saturday, August 6, 2016

Colour Mixing - Water Colour & Alcohol

Have watch a few videos by Nina Ribina using  inks and alcohol with some limited success. As she has pointed out the surface you are using is very important and I don't think I've found the right paper for me as yet. I did have a go with water colours and alcohol, as in the linked video, and was more successful on some multi media card I had purchased. I don't have fancy water colours, just very cheap ones I bought to try out for techniques before I splurged on anything more expensive.
It worked fairly well, although my colours were limited. It will make a good background for some cards or other projects.

This is and entry in Paper Arty's #14 Challenge - Colour Mixing.


2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! Those tide marks are lovely. Alcohol inks like shiny surfaces, but that contrasts with watercolours that like sucky surfaces, so good luck finding the mid point! ~leandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leandra - more challenging finding a good range of cards and papers here - spending far too much money!! Oh well, it's all fun :) Raewyn

      Delete