Saturday, August 13, 2016

Contain Yourself - ICAD Box

I needed to create a container for the cards from the ICAD Challenge and had this box that came in the mail. The process to cover it was quite simple, and I know a lot of people would give it more layers. I guess I'm one of those beginning mixed media artists who still have trouble covering something they like! I was happy with the simplicity and  rough, old-fashioned effect on this box, so I I did leave it there.
I stamped with archival ink on the white layers of a napkin and then glued them to the brown box, with the colour showing through to make the base layer, as well as some of the coloured packing stickers.

This is an entry in Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Try to Contain Yourself





1 comment:

  1. Love how you have used the tissue wrap to cover your box! I love your idea of creating a container to hold a swap - I need to make a few of these :) Thanks for joining our Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, maura

    ReplyDelete