Monday, October 24, 2016

Think Pink - Strong Girls

Now pink is not my go to colour! I think the rebel in me says '"Don't make me choose pink just cause I'm a girl!" and "Definitely do not buy me those pink flowery tools they make for girls!"
So I had to stretch myself to go completely pink for this Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Think Pink.
Now, the CAS-ual Fridays - Fight Like a Girl Challenge 159 sounds a bit more like me, as in, "We are girls - we are strong!" Their challenge is link to Breast Cancer Awareness Month and in respect to all those affected, I'm happy to turn pink.














This is my first set of actual Artist Trading Cards. I have enjoyed other small pieces of art such as ICADs and tags, but not really having anyone to trade ATCs with :( - I had not made sets of these before.




























Although there are several layers - gift wrap, acrylic with gesso, Derwent Inktense blocks, stamping and die cuts - the outcome and sentiments are simple and hopefully effective. My favourite part is the leaves. The card stock I used was mauve so I toned it down by stamping with a small script stamp I have and really like the textured look that created.


2 comments:

  1. WOW bright and beautiful ATCs. Love all the texture and layers. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Think Pink Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so beautiful! I love all the colors and textures! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete