Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2017 #1 Inspiration Wednesday

It's been a while since I added anything to my blog. Holidays, family, camping - all good fun, but now some time to get back to my art and creativity.

I have found a couple of new challenges for 2017 including subscribing to Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday. This is the first time I have taken part in an online workshop so having paid my money, I need to keep working at this one!

I first made my journal following the instruction video and using fabric I already had. My main challenge with this now, is to let go and not worry if it doesn't stay pristine (already have a gesso spot on the cover :0). If you have watch DD work, there is not much hope of that :)





The quote, which stretches across three pages, is from Maya Angelou: "Success is liking yourselfliking what you do, and liking how you do it".



I used the Independent Women stamp, Colliope, as a basis for creating my own stencil. The stencil wasn't totally successful but worked ok as a one off for this page. I'm glad I purchased this stamp, as it does not seem to be available any more.


I wanted to attach an embellishment so used a pendent I had made previously, that fitted well with the colour theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment