Friday, March 31, 2017

Stars & Heart

This page was created for Viva Las Vegas March Challenge. Some of the inspirations were twilight & dusk, the northern lights, dancing and twinkling stars.

I started using Distress Markers sprayed with water to create a light wash effect. As I knew this would move I sprayed it with a fixative. The drips and splatters were made with Golden fluid acrylics. I then stamped two VLV stamps - the stars and heart The heart did not stand out as much as I wanted so I went over this with a Derwent Inktense pencil and activated with water. I hand stitched the muslin with embroidery thread, dabbed with the leftover paint and then added Golden mica medium. The stars have been dotted with Golden Glass Bead Gel.
I had no sentiment in mind so finished with some journaling.












No comments:

Post a Comment